Selling a Business with the South Florida Murphy Business Professionals
Murphy Business is a leading South Florida business brokerage in affiliations with National and International Business Brokerage and Merger & Acquisition associations. These connections provide maximum exposure in selling your business yet still ensuring confidentiality.
Our experienced valuation professionals help owners realize the true value of their business to properly establish a suitable marketing plan to help promote the sale. The professionals at Murphy Business know the South Florida market and provide you access to the broadest number of qualified buyers.
Most business owners sell their business for the following reasons:
- Return on Investment: An entrepreneur has invested in the development of his / her business and at some point would like to see a return on that invested time and expense.
- Boredom: After the growth of a business, many owners are tired or bored. They revel in the excitement of building something rather than maintaining and managing a business. Often they’re the creative genius of a product or service and find other ideas they’d like to pursue.
- Retirement: For many business owners, the business is their ‘retirement plan’. This is the biggest investment they’ve made in their life and want to use the proceeds to retire and enjoy the rest of their life. Often, these owners don’t retire they just find other activities to fill their time.
- Health: Unfortunately, for many owners, the reason to sell is simply the fact that they can no longer manage the business because of ill health. Once again, the business represents their largest asset. In this case, timing isn’t usually in their favor.
- Partnership or Personal Relationship Issues: In these cases, a business is being sold to solve a business partnership issue. Partners no longer get along or they now have different objectives for the business and for themselves. Similarly, a business needs to be solved because of relationship issues like divorce and separation and the business assets need to be turned into some form of liquidity.
Regardless of the reason, it is incumbent for business owners to plan in advance for any of these situations. The more prepared a business owner is for his/her eventual exit from the business, the more likely it will be to sell it and to achieve a reasonable selling price.
How to Sell a Business
The Murphy’s experienced professionals will be with you each step of the way when answering the daunting questions of “how to sell a business”.
- Prepare a detailed offering portfolio
- Arrange a business valuation
- Develop a marketing plan to sell the business
- Implement the plan and promote to potential buyers
- Negotiate offer to purchase or letter of intent
- Perform Due Diligence
- Finalize Closing through Financing and Funding
Partnering with the South Florida Murphy Business Broker
We provide a detailed offering portfolio above the typical on page MLS form. Going above and beyond in information gathering and presentation is just one way Murphy Business exceeds expectations to help provide information for buyers in their due diligence efforts. These efforts often provide smoother sales with speedier transaction times.
In addition, Murphy Business brokers create a customized marketing plan to attract the most suitable qualified buyer. Our local and national connections and associations create a network of thousands of brokers seeking out the correct buyer.
Murphy Business assists sellers through all the steps of a business sale, even through the closing. Contact your local South Florida office today to receive a business valuation.